Don't throw out those toilet paper rolls–turn them into a crafty bird house this Christmas.
- Toilet-paper or paper-towel core
- Glue stick
- Glue gun
- Patterned scrapbook paper (17 cents; orientaltrading.com)
- Wood shred (20 cents; save-on-crafts.com)
- Mushroom bird (99 cents; factorydirectcraft.com)
- Glitter paper (50 cents; at Michaels)
1. Cut a U-shaped notch in one end of cardboard core. Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit core. Wrap paper around core and trace notch onto back of paper with pencil. Remove paper, cut matching U-shaped notch from paper. Attach paper to core with glue stick.
2. Arrange a small bunch of wood shred like a nest; place at bottom of notch. Place bird on top of nest.
3. Cut a circle from glitter paper, about 6" in diameter. Cut circle in half. Roll semicircle into a cone and use glue gun to close seam. Use glue gun to attach cone to top of tower.