- Nine 2” wooden blocks
- Mod Podge
- 9 photos from your vacation
- Craft paint
1. Arrange the blocks in rows of three across and three down to form a 6” square.
2. Cut a 6” square section of the map and then cut the map section into 2” squares.
3. Glue a map square to the top of each block with Mod Podge or other brush-on, water-based sealer-glue; let it dry for at least 20 minutes.
4. Cut nine snapshots of your trip into 2” squares. Turn each block over, map side down, and glue a snapshot to the top of each block. (Make sure the maps and photos are right side up on all of the blocks.)
5. Paint the remaining sides of each block with craft paint, picking up colors from the map’s palette. Let the paint and glue dry completely.
6. Finish each block by painting a coat of Mod Podge on all six sides. The coating will look opaque at first but will dry to a clear, protective finish in a short time.