Turn souvenirs from your family vacation into projects inspired by scrapbooking.
Use a map from your vacation and small mementos collected along the way to decorate a shoebox.
You'll need: A shoebox, scissors, map, Mod Podge and paint brush, seashells, glue gun
1. Remove the lid from the box and cut out a section of the map that is exactly the size of the top of the lid. Brush Mod Podge onto lid and glue the map piece to the lid.
2. Cut a strip of the map the depth of the lid’s side panels, long enough to wrap around all four side panels. (We used a decorative border from the edge of the map.) Apply Mod Podge and wrap the strip around all sides of the box lid.
3. Cut a long strip of map the length of the four sides of the box and ½” deeper than the box sides. Apply Mod Podge and wrap the strip around the box, leaving ¼” at the top and bottom.
4. Finish the top and bottom edges by cutting a small slit in the overhang at each corner and fold the map edges inside.
5. Use a glue gun to attach an arrangement of seashells to the lid; let dry. Fill the box with things you collected on your trip.