A black cat and a jack-o'-lantern all in one, this easy craft combines two Halloween favorites into one cute pumpkin.
- Carving knife
- Black paint
- Cat ear templates
- 1 sheet black craft foam
- 1 sheet pink felt
- Butter knife
- Felt or craft glue
- Books (to use as weights)
- Pink pipe cleaners
1. Cut hole in bottom of pumpkin and hollow out.
2. Paint pumpkin black. Allow to dry.
3. Carve a catlike face, using this photograph as a guide.
4. Place outer ear template on craft foam and trace around; repeat. Cut out. Snip along vertical line (marked on template). Place ears on work surface so tips point away from each other. On backside of each ear, use butter knife to score across dotted line (see template). Place inner ear template on pink felt; trace around twice. Cut out. Glue inner ears to front of outer ears. Weigh down ears with books and allow to dry.
5. Fold tab of one ear back; pinch along tab line so ear puckers. Use T-pins to secure to pumpkin. Repeat with other ear. Glue two pipe-cleaner whiskers on each side of nose.