- Red marker
- 1 Styrofoam wreath form, 14" to 16" diameter (available at craft stores and amazon.com)
- Medium-weight yarn (200 yards white and 200 yards red)
- Transparent tape
- 1 yard red felt
- Straight pins
- Hot-glue gun (optional)
1. Use a ruler and marker to make striped pattern on wreath form. (This will guide you as you wrap yarn around wreath.)
2. Wrap wreath form with yarn, alternating between white and red. As you finish each section, cut yarn and tape end to back of wreath. Continue until form is completely covered in yarn.
3. To make bow, cut red felt into 1 4" x 22" strip, 1 3" x 22" strip and 1 2" x 4" strip. Working with 4" x 22" strip, fold ends to meet at center, forming two loops. Tape in place. Working with 3" x 22" strip, fold in half at an angle to form a V, then tape center of V to center of double loops.
4. Wrap remaining piece of felt around center of loops, with one tail on either side. Pin to back of loops and trim excess. Cut tails in an inverted V shape.
5. Attach bow to top of wreath with pins or hot glue. Shape tails and pin in place.