Learn how to make simple yet stylish Christmas ornaments using inexpensive cookie cutters.
YOU'LL NEED (makes 1 ornament):
- Plaid wrapping paper (available at papermart.com)
- Sheet of card stock
- Glue stick
- Holiday cookie cutter (available at amazon.com)
- Twine or narrow ribbon
- Fine-tipped paintbrush
- Craft glue (available at craft stores)
1. Cut a piece of wrapping paper and place it on table, wrong side up. Lay a piece of card stock on top and trace around card stock. Cut out.
2. Cover one side of card stock with glue. Position wrapping paper over it and press down (paper and card stock need not align precisely). Let dry.
3. Lay card stock–backed paper on flat surface, plaid side down. Place cookie cutter on top and trace around it. Cut out.
4. Cut 1' length of twine. Join ends together and knot. String cookie cutter onto twine, holding knotted end in one hand and looped end in other. Pull knotted end through looped end to create ornament hanger.
5. Dip paintbrush into craft glue; dot along edge of cutter. Lightly press cutter onto cut-out wrapping paper; let dry.