Witch Candy Jars
These decorative containers make great gifts.
- Witch hat template and brim template (click here for attached PDF)
- Printer and plain white paper
- Construction paper in black, purple, and yellow
- Double-stick tape
- Craft glue
- Jars with lids (lids should be 2¾” in diameter to fit hat template)
- Candy Paper punch
1. Download hat and brim templates and print; cut out.
2. Create cone shape for top of witch hat, then tape seam. Bend tabs of brim upward and glue to inside of cone. Cut a crescent shape out of colored paper and glue to front of hat.
3. To make hair, cut two 2” x 4” pieces of black paper. Cut 1/4” strips along length of paper, leaving strips attached at one end. To curl, carefully run each strip between your thumb and a scissor blade.
4. Tape hair to inside of hat. Place a bead of glue around inside edge of hat, and fit hat over jar lid.
5. Fill jar with candy of choice, and screw on lid. Make face: cut two half-oval shapes, a carrot-shaped nose and a crooked smile out of black paper. Use paper punch to make two dots from yellow construction paper, then glue a dot to each half oval to make eyes. Crumple nose to give it texture, then unfold. Glue all facial features to jar.