Embellish ordinary household items with a colorful array of buttons.―Crafts by Dan Pasky
- Spray paint
- Craft box (available at craft stores)
- 1” wide painter’s tape
- Craft paint in a second color (available at craft stores)
- Hot-glue gun
1. Spray-paint the box and lid; allow to dry.
2. Use tape to mark off 1” stripes. Starting at the left edge of box, lay down a length of tape; measure 1” from the right-hand edge of the tape, then lay down a second piece of tape. Continue until entire box and lid are complete.
3. Use craft paint to fill in all the areas that are not taped off; allow to dry.
4. Remove the tape.
5. Arrange buttons as desired, and glue them in place with the hot-glue gun.