Give your July 4th party some patriotic flair with this easy DIY tablecloth.
- Scraps of fabrics that you used to make pennants
- Star-shaped cookie cutters in various sizes
- Fine-tip felt marker
- Straight pins
- Fabric tablecloth
- Glue stick
- Lay fabric scraps flat on surface, wrong side up. Place cookie cutter on each fabric scrap and trace around it. Cut out.
- Repeat until you’ve cut a variety of stars in different sizes from each fabric, 20 to 40 stars in all.
- Arrange tablecloth on table where it will be used. Use straight pins to mark placement of stars. Here, they are situated close to the front edge of cloth and scattered on front drop.
- Place tablecloth on your worktable. Apply glue to wrong side of a star; position star on tablecloth (removing straight pins as you work); press to adhere.
- Repeat with remaining stars. (After the party, gently remove stars. The glue washes off when the tablecloth is laundered.)