Add patriotic flair to a vase of flowers for your July 4th party.
- Empty tin can
- Red construction paper
- Glue stick
- 2 sheets of 12" x 12" scrapbook paper, in red, white and blue patterns
- Pinking shears, optional
- Double-sided tape
- Medallion ornament
- Hot glue gun
1. Wash and dry can; file down any sharp edges.
2. Cut construction paper to the height of the can, and about 1" longer than needed to wrap around it. Cover can with paper, and seal edge with glue stick.
3. Cut 2 strips of scrapbook paper to desired width, about 1" longer than needed to wrap around the can. Apply 1 strip by upper rim; seal edge with tape. Repeat for lower rim.
4. Using pinking shears, cut a contrasting piece of scrapbook paper to desired width, about 1" longer than needed to be wrapped around the can. Center strip on can; seal edge with tape.
5. Adhere paper medallion ornament onto blue strip with hot glue.
6. Add water and flowers, being careful not to get the paper wet.