Welcome guests with an eye-catching homemade July 4th wreath on your front door.
- 18" green Styrofoam wreath
- 4 yards of 1 1/2" wide ribbon
- 12" x 12" sheets of scrapbook paper
- Bone folder or metal ruler
- Double-sided tape
- Assorted star stickers
- Hot-glue gun
1. Cut a sheet of paper into 6 pieces, each measuring 4" x 6", for large medallions. (To create a medium-size one, use 3" x 6" sheets, and for the small size, use a 2 1/2" x 3 1/4" sheet.)
2. Fold each piece of paper widthwise in 3/8" wide accordion-style pleats. Use a bone folder or the edge of a metal ruler to sharpen creases.
3. Fold each pleated piece of paper in half and tape inner edges together. Gently spread pleats apart. Arrange three fanned pieces together to form a circle, and join with tape. Add a star sticker to center. You will need approximately 40 of these medallions to create the wreath.
4. Wrap wreath in ribbon until completely covered. Tie ends to secure. Starting with largest medallion, hot-glue each to wreath. Continue with medium and small sizes until wreath is covered. Finish by gluing ornaments in place.