Deliver Easter treats in a homemade basket trimmed with flowers.
YOU'LL NEED (makes 1 basket):
- Faux forsythia branches (save-on-crafts.com)
- Hot-glue gun
- Small, shallow plastic or metal bowl
- Wire cutters
- Wire coat hanger
- Coffee can
- 20" ribbon, ½" wide
- 12" ribbon, ¾" wide
- Remove individual flowers from branches using scissors. Glue blossoms one at a time to bowl. Continue until exterior of bowl is fully covered.
- Use wire cutters to snip a 10" length of wire coat hanger. Wrap wire around coffee can or other cylindrical object to create rounded handle shape.
- Glue end of ½"-wide ribbon to one end of wire. Carefully wrap ribbon around wire until wire is fully covered. Trim excess ribbon if needed and secure with hot glue. Let dry.
- Position wire over bowl so ends are opposite each other. Glue one end to bowl and hold in place 1 to 2 minutes until completely dry. Repeat for other end of wire handle. (Note: Do not use the decorative handle to lift the basket.)
- Tie ¾"-wide ribbon into bow. Trim ends and affix to handle using hot glue.