Clip clothespin bats to curtains, or use them to decorate an inexpensive metal tree to create a sinister centerpiece.
YOU'LL NEED (for 1 bat)
- Bat template
- Printer and plain white paper
- Black construction paper
- Wooden clothespin
- Wooden dowel, curtain rod or thin stick
- Black spray paint
- Double-sided tape
- Download bat template and print on plain paper; cut out. Use pencil to trace template twice on construction paper; cut out two bats.
- Clip clothespin to dowel. Working in a well-ventilated area, hold dowel and spray-paint clothespin black, rotating for even coverage. Let dry.
- Remove pin from dowel. Put double-sided tape on one side of clothespin. Place a bat on tape; press to stick.
- Turn bat over so clothespin is on top. Put double-sided tape on each wing tip.
- Put piece of double-sided tape on exposed side of clothespin. Lay other bat on tape; press to stick. Press tips of both bats’ wings together.