Illuminate your Halloween or Thanksgiving table with this easy-to-make sparkling pumpkin centerpiece.
Stuff You Have:
- Paring knife
- Craft glue
- Trash bag
- Cake stand
Stuff You Need:
- 2 foam pumpkins, 1 small, 1 baby
- 2 votive candles, 2" tall
- 1 1/2 Styrofoam balls
- Artificial foliage
- Spray paint (we used gold, orange, blue and light green)
- Cut stem off each pumpkin. Place votive on top and trace around. Use knife to cut traced circle, then scoop out so that votive rests about 1" below each pumpkin's surface and extends at least 1" above it.
- Spread out newspaper to protect work surface. Pour glue into a bowl. Paint glue onto pumpkins and Styrofoam balls, one at a time, then sprinkle glitter over each until fully covered. Let dry for 1 hour.
- Working in a well-ventilated space (ideally outside), lay trash bag down to protect surface. Place pinecones on their sides on trash bag, along with artificial foliage. Apply spray paint lightly, rolling pinecones over to cover completely. Go over any unpainted spots. Let dry 15 minutes, then apply a second coat. Let dry 1 hour.
- Arrange pumpkins on cake stand. Fill in with pinecones, gold foliage and glitter-covered foam balls.