Pair these pretty fairy wings with our face-painting how-to for a Halloween costume that really takes flight.
- 1 yard tulle
- 2 6" wooden tongue depressors
- Hot-glue gun
- 4" x 3/4" piece of felt
- Keep tulle folded as it was on bolt. Cut into 2 18" pieces. Lay tulle on table, folded edge to your left and perpendicular to table edge. Starting with edge closest to you, roll tulle. Cut roll into 3" -wide segments. Unrolled, strips should be 3" x 18". Repeat for remaining piece of tulle.
- Attach tulle to tongue depressors using loop: Fold a strip of tulle in half lengthwise. Place a tongue depressor on top of folded tulle, perpendicular to it and near fold. Wrap the 2 ends of tulle strip around tongue depressor and thread them through folded loop. Pull tight to form a knot around tongue depressor. Continue with additional strips until tongue depressor is completely full. Repeat on second tongue depressor.
- Lay tongue depressors next to each other with tulle extending in opposite directions. Apply glue to inside edges of depressors to form a seam. Glue strip of felt over seam, centering it on depressors.
- Braid 3 strips of tulle together and repeat, for a total of 2 braids. To make straps, trim braids so each is long enough to fit comfortably over a shoulder. Glue 1 strap to each depressor, attaching 1 end to top and 1 end to bottom of stick.