Bring the beauty of the harvest indoors with candles wrapped in corn husks.
YOU'LL NEED (makes 1 candle)
- 1 large rubber band
- Medium-size glass hurricane
- Dried corn husks (available at amazon.com)
- 1 yard orange yarn
- Medium-size pillar candle to fit inside hurricane
- Wrap rubber band around hurricane, a few inches up from bottom.
- Trim corn husks to about ¾" shorter than hurricanes. Working with 1 corn husk at a time, carefully lift rubber band and slide husk underneath so pointed end is ¾" below lip of hurricane.
- Continue sliding husks under rubber band, overlapping them slightly, until they completely encircle hurricane.
- Wind yarn around husks to cover rubber band, tying in a knot in front to secure and trimming ends with scissors.
- Use scissors to trim bottom edges of corn husks so they line up neatly with bottom of hurricane.
- Place candle inside hurricane and light.