- Mailing tubes and plugs in assorted sizes (containerstore.com; 800-PAPER-01)
- Red, white and blue construction paper
- Glue stick
- Silver tassels
- Star-shaped paper punch
- Assorted ribbons and rickrack
1. Cover a tube in construction paper, using glue to secure
2. Use scissors or a knife to carefully make a small slot in one plug. Thread silver tassels through opening and tie in a knot to secure.
3. Decorate by gluing star-shaped cutouts and ribbons on tubes as desired. If you want to use them as party favors, fill with candy.