Decorate a side table with fun gourd-topped ghost pumpkin.
YOU'LL NEED (makes 1 ghost pumpkin):
- Acrylic pearlescent white craft paint (at craft stores)
- Real or artificial mini spoon gourd (at craft stores, often sold as part of a mini gourd set)
- Plastic garbage bag
- Clear plastic bottle (such as a 16.9-oz. Poland Spring sparkling spring water bottle), empty
- 16-oz. bottle Aleene’s fabric stiffener and draping liquid (amazon.com)
- Large mixing bowl
- 22" square of white fabric, such as from an old sheet
- Silver glitter, optional
- Black medium-tip felt pen
- Hot-glue gun
1. Paint gourd and set aside to dry.
2. Place garbage bag on work surface and set empty plastic bottle in center.
3. Pour fabric stiffener into mixing bowl and add fabric, making sure it is completely saturated with stiffener.
4. To make ghost body, wring out fabric slightly and center over top of plastic bottle. Drape fabric and arrange folds until you reach desired shape. Allow to dry overnight.
5. Optional: For extra sheen, once ghost body has dried completely, paint and sprinkle with glitter while paint is still wet. Let dry.
6. Use pen to draw a spooky face on painted gourd, then secure to top of ghost body with hot glue.