Decorate your Halloween party with this easy DIY bat mobile.
- Embroidery hoop (choose the size you like, or make a trio in 8", 10" and 14" diameters)
- Matte black spray paint
- Bat template (download from allyou.com)
- Printer and plain white paper
- Copy machine
- Pencil and eraser
- Black paper (10 to 12 sheets)
- Darning needle
- Heavyweight black thread ¼"-wide black ribbon
- Separate rings of embroidery hoop. Working in a well-ventilated space, spray-paint rings black. Use thin, even layers. Once dry, reassemble hoop.
- Download bat template from allyou.com; print out. Use a copy machine to enlarge to a variety of sizes ranging from 4" to 10" wide. Cut out templates. Trace bat shapes onto black paper, making about 6 bats per mobile.
- Cut out bats. Remove any stray pencil marks from bats with eraser.
- Pierce a hole in top center of each bat’s head with darning needle.
- Cut lengths of thread and tie each bat to a thread. Position bats evenly around circumference of hoop. Tie bats to hoop at varying lengths and secure with double knots.
- Cut three pieces of black ribbon to even lengths and tie to the embroidery hoop at even intervals. Tie all ribbon ends together in a knot to make a hanger.