Prepare Narnia’s Peter in armor
- 1 to 2 yards red fabric (depending on child’s size)
- Gray sweat suit with hood
- Brown boots
- 1/2 yard gold fabric
- 2 yards wide gold ribbon
- Silver, white and red metallic cardboard sheets
- Thin red ribbon
- 2 yards red Velcro Plastic sword (from a store)
1) Fold red fabric in half and cut to form back and front of tunic. Dress child in sweat suit and boots.
2) Cut shape of a lion from gold fabric and glue to front of tunic. Glue gold ribbon along bottom of tunic for trim. Sew
or safety pin tunic together at shoulders, pulling hood of sweat suit over tunic. Tie remaining gold ribbon at waist for belt.
3) Cut shield out of white cardboard sheet. Cut 2 slits on either side of shield; thread red ribbon through slits and tie
to form 2 loops big enough for arm to ﬁ t through. Trace shield shape onto silver cardboard and cut out; glue pieces together.
Cut lion shape out of red metallic cardboard; glue to shield. Slide shield over child’s arm, through ribbons.
4) Cut silver cardboard to form armor of arm and shin guards. Glue Velcro along edges of arm and shin guards. Attach arm
guards, pulling out sweatshirt cuffs. Attach leg guards to child’s legs, forming a cuff with sweat suit over boots.