- Black trash bag large enough to cover window
- Painter’s tape
- White grease pencil or crayon
- Double-stick tape
- If trash bag has a built-in cinch or ties, cut a straight line across top. Cut open sides and bottom so you have two pieces of equal size.
- Tape one piece over window, securing it tightly on all four sides.
- Use a grease pencil to draw a simple design that resembles curtains and a valance. It does not need to be perfectly symmetrical. Remove tape and cut out shape.
- Tape other piece of bag to a flat surface, then tape cut-out shape on top of it. Use grease pencil to draw a similar, slightly larger shape. There should be some areas where shapes overlap and others where they don’t, adding depth to curtain.
- Remove tape, crumple up both pieces, then open. Do it again. (This helps disguise creases in trash bag.)
- Secure top and sides of larger piece to window frame with double-stick tape. Tape other piece on top of first.