Have the spookiest Halloween pumpkins on the block—design a skeleton head with just a few household tools.
- Serrated knife
- White pumpkin or Fun-Kin
- Large metal spoon
- Paper towels
- Washable marker
- All-purpose cleaner
- Working carefully, use knife to cut around pumpkin stem. Remove lid; use spoon to scrape away pumpkin seeds and strings.
- Dry pumpkin exterior with paper towel. Use marker to draw skeleton face onto pumpkin. If you make a mistake, use paper towel and all-purpose cleaner to erase.
- Once design is complete, cut out eye sockets and nostrils.
- To create mouth, cut a horizontal line (going against pumpkin ridges) below nostrils to desired length. Cut a parallel line 1/8" below first line. Make two small vertical cuts at either end of mouth to connect lines. Using tweezers, carefully remove thin pumpkin slice.
- For the teeth, cut out slender triangular shapes above and below mouth, using tweezers to pull out pieces.