Have the spookiest Halloween jack-o’-lantern on the block—design a skeleton head with just a few household tools.
- Serrated knife
- White pumpkin or Fun-Kin
- Large metal spoon
- Paper towels
- Washable marker
- All-purpose cleaner
1. Working carefully, use knife to cut around pumpkin stem. Remove lid; use spoon to scrape away pumpkin seeds and strings.
2. Dry pumpkin exterior with paper towel. Use marker to draw skeleton face onto pumpkin. If you make a mistake, use paper towel and all-purpose cleaner to erase.
3. Once design is complete, cut out eye sockets and nostrils.
4. To create mouth, cut a horizontal line (going against pumpkin ridges) below nostrils to desired length. Cut a parallel line 1/8" below first line. Make two small vertical cuts at either end of mouth to connect lines. Using tweezers, carefully remove thin pumpkin slice.
5. For the teeth, cut out slender triangular shapes above and below mouth, using tweezers to pull out pieces.