Give 'em goosebumps with this spooky take on traditional napkin rings
You'll Need (makes 6 napkin rings)
- Spider template
- Printer and plain white paper
- 3 sheets black construction paper
- 12 black pipe cleaners
- x-acto knife
- Hole punch
- 1 sheet green paper
- Craft glue or glue dots
1. Print template and cut out. Place template on black construction paper and trace around. Repeat for 6 rings. Cut out, then cut slits following dotted line on template.
2. Cut each piple cleaner into 3 4" lenths, 6 pieces for each spider
3. Tape 3 pipe cleaners to each half-circle on band. Start with middle leg at 3 o'clock, then tape one above at about 1:30 and one below at about 4:30. Repeat on other half-circle. Use your finger to press tape on either side of each pipe cleaner to help it adhere.
4. Turn band right side up and use an X-acto knife to trim any tape that is showing. If slits are taped over, use blade to reopen.
5. For eye, use a hole punch to make 12 dots out of green paper. Glue one eye to each half-circle with a tiny dab of glue or glue dots.
6. Bend each leg 3 times: upward near body of spider, downward at knee and upward at ankle.
7. Wrap each band around a napkin and slide the 2 slits into each other. Secure with a dab of glue or glue dots.