Dress up your home for Halloween with these decorated paper-mache spiders.
- One 8" to 9" round balloon
- Mod Podge
- Shallow bowl or pie tin
- Drop cloth
- Black tempera paint
- Paint brush
- Hot-glue gun
- Thick, black pipe cleaners
- 1 pair of rhinestones
- Tuft of feathers
- Acrylic paint in red and orange
- Glitter paint
1. Inflate balloon and knot. Tie a 2' to 3' piece of string around knot.
2. Tear newspaper into strips. Pour Mod Podge into bowl. Dip in a few strips of newspaper at a time and smooth onto balloon. Repeat until balloon is completely covered.
3. Find a cool, dry place and hang balloon to dry. Cover floor with a drop cloth.
4. Pop balloon and carefully remove remnants from papier-mâché shell. Apply two coats of black paint to shell, allowing time to dry in between.
5. Use glue gun to adhere pipe-cleaner legs, rhinestone eyes and feathers for hair. Decorate spider body with acrylic and glitter paints.