Ensure quick RSVPs with this easy Halloween party invitation idea.
YOU'LL NEED (makes one invitation)
- Bat body and wing templates (download at allyou.com)
- Printer and plain white paper
- Pencil and eraser
- Black paper
- Darning needle
- 2 small black brads (available at joann.com and amazon.com)
- Silver or white fine-tipped marker or pen
- Black envelope
- Download bat templates from allyou.com. Print and cut them out. Place templates on black paper and trace around them with a pencil; cut out. Use eraser to remove any remaining pencil marks.
- Position wings on body at bat’s “shoulder” height. Experiment with sweeping wings open and closed to make sure you positioned them correctly. Use darning needle to pierce a hole through wing and body, then push a brad through both holes, attaching wing to body. Repeat with second wing.
- Use marker to write message on bat’s body. Fold wings shut and place in envelope.