Put a lid on it—and give guests a glimpse of these cute Halloween pumpkin pals.
- Serrated knife
- Pumpkin that fits your vessel
- 1 quarter, 1 dime & 1 nickel
- Construction paper in white & black
- Craft glue
- Covered bowl, saucepan or round casserole dish
- Large glue dots
1. Cut or break stem off pumpkin.
2. Use coins as templates for eyes. For larger pumpkins, trace a quarter for the whites of the eyes and a nickel for the black pupils; for smaller pumpkins, trace a nickel and a dime. Cut out 2 white circles and 2 black circles from construction paper. Glue circles together, then glue eyes to pumpkin.
3. Place pumpkin in vessel and top with lid. Use glue dots to help keep lid from sliding.
**Take a shortcut: Instead of making eyes out of construction paper, purchase googly eyes.
Note: The bottom container and the lid don't need to match. For the smallest pumpkin, we used two footed bowls, one for the stand and one for the hat.