Turn ordinary pumpkins into creepy spiders with this easy Halloween craft how-to.
- Old fishnet stockings, panty hose or knee-highs (1 pair for 2 pumpkins)
- Pumpkins (3 small ad 1 medium)
- Rubber band or needle and thread
- 3 spider cupcake stands
- Googly eyes (2 per pumpkin)
- Glue dots
- White paper
- 8 paper straws
- Hot-glue gun
- Footed bowl (about 3" high)
1. Pull a stocking over pumpkin so top of pumpkin fits in toe of stocking. Fit stem through a hole, tearing stocking if necessary. Pull stocking taut and cut, leaving about 2″ extra. Gather and secure extra fabric with a rubber band or sew closed. Trim excess.
2. Set each small pumpkin on a spider cupcake stand. Secure googly eyes with glue dots.
3. For medium pumpkin: Make teeth by cutting two small triangles out of white paper. Adhere teeth and googly eyes with glue dots. Cut one end of each straw on a 45-degree angle. Bend each straw into a Z shape, making one bend about 1½″ from angled end of straw, and another bend, going in opposite direction, 1″ from opposite end of straw. Set pumpkin in bowl and glue four legs to each side of body, attaching angled end of straw to pumpkin.