Make this creepy outdoor Halloween witch decoration to create your very own "witch landing" right on the lawn.
- Red spray paint
- Ladies’ shoes (a slip-on style works best)
- Red glitter
- Measuring tape
- 1 sheet red paper
- Clear packing tape
- 4 shoelaces
- 2 pieces pipe insulation (about 21" long each)
- 2 magazines
- 6 sheets white paper
- Black-and-white-striped knee-high or thigh-high socks
1. In a ventilated area, cover floor with newspaper and spray-paint shoes red (including soles). Let dry. Working over newspaper, brush glue onto shoes (excluding soles) and sprinkle with glitter. Do one section of shoe at a time; let dry.
2. To make bows, cut two 1" x 7" strips from red paper. Take both ends of one strip; fold in so ends meet in middle. Tape to secure. Repeat with other strip. Working over newspaper, brush bows with glue and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Glue one bow to front center of each shoe; set shoes aside.
3. To make foot, tie shoelace 7" from end of pipe insulation; cinch tight. To make ankle, tie second shoelace 1½" up from first shoelace; cinch tight. Remaining insulation will be leg. Bend insulation at ankle to form an L shape; tape in place.
4. Repeat step 3 to make second leg.
5. Wrap two newspaper sheets around each foot; tape in place. Wrap an entire magazine around each leg; tape in place. Crumple two newspaper sheets and tape one behind each ankle to create heels. Cut ends of both feet into a V shape.
6. Wrap white paper around legs and feet; tape in place. Pull socks over feet and up legs, tucking excess into insulation. Slide feet into shoes.
7. Choose an outdoor location that allows unfinished ends of legs to be tucked out of sight (such as under a porch, garage, staircase or shrub). Position legs in selected location with feet sticking out.