Decorate your porch this Halloween with this irresistibly sweet witch pumpkin craft.
TO CREATE A WITCH PUMPKIN YOU'LL NEED:
- Sharp serrated knife
- 2 small pumpkins or Funkins (funkins.com) in slightly different sizes
- Hot-glue gun
- Small bunch of natural raffia, 15" long (papermart.com)
- Garbage-bag twist tie
- 1 yard black felt
- Small piece red felt
- White glue
- Printer and plain white paper
- Witch hat template (download from allyou.com/witch-hat)
- Measuring tape
- Black cloth dinner napkin
- Cardboard or heavy card stock
- 1 yard decorative ribbon
1. Use knife to carefully remove both pumpkin stems.
2. Stack smaller pumpkin on top of larger pumpkin and secure with hot glue.
3. Set aside a few pieces of raffia for witch hat. To make hair, gather raffia and secure in center with twist tie. Place gathered raffia bunch on top of witch’s head and secure with hot glue. Fan out hair and trim with scissors.
4. Cut eyes out of black felt and mouth out of red felt; adhere to witch’s head using white glue.
5. To make hat, print out template. If necessary, use a copier to enlarge to desired size. Cut out template.
6. Use chalk to trace template on black felt. Cut out.
7. Fold felt to create hat cone; secure with hot glue.
8. Center hat cone on brim; secure with hot glue.
9. Wind remaining raffia around base of cone; secure with hot glue. Secure hat to pumpkin with hot glue.
10. To make cape collar, measure edge of dinner napkin. Cut a strip of cardboard that is 2" wide and 1" shorter than width of napkin.
11. Fold one edge of napkin over cardboard strip; use dabs of hot glue to secure collar in place.
12. Drape cape around witch’s body, securing in place with hot-glue gun.
13. Tie decorative ribbon around witch’s neck, just beneath collar.