Turn empty soup cans into cheery flower vases to bring in spring.
- Metal soup cans
- Scrap of wood
- Power drill and drill bit
- Measuring tape
- Pinking shears
- Decorative paper
- Double-sided tape
- Long nail
- Thin-gauge chain
- S hooks
- Remove label from can. Wash, then let dry.
- Place can on wood. Select drill bit that will create a hole large enough for S hook to fit through. Holding can, drill hole about ½" from top edge using a quick forward-and-reverse motion.
- Measure height and circumference of can. Subtract 1" from height measurement and use pinking shears to cut paper to fit measurement.
- Wrap paper around middle of can, leaving ½" at both top and bottom. Secure at back of can with double-sided tape.
- Tap nail into top of a window frame with hammer and hang chain.
- Slip hook through hole in can; hang on chain. Repeat with remaining cans. Add flowers and water (fill cans no more than ¼ full to minimize weight).