Dress up a sideboard with a display of wheat.
YOU'LL NEED (makes 1 display)
- 2 12-oz. bundles wheat stalks (available at save-on-crafts.com)
- Floral snips or scissors
- 2 garbage bag twist ties
- 2 yards wide ribbon
- Stand wheat bundles together upright on flat, sturdy surface. Holding wheat loosely, wiggle until all ends sit flush on surface.
- Use floral snips to carefully trim stalks to equal length. Remove any unusually long or short wheat pieces from bundle.
- Holding wheat upright with both hands, separate stalks into 2 sections. Gently twist sections around each other until wheat heads form a fan shape.
- Hold bundle tightly in your hand. Wrap twist ties around bundle a few inches below where stems meet tassels.
- Tie ribbon into bow around wheat bundle, making sure it covers twist ties. Trim ribbon ends.