WHITE CHOCOLATE-CHERRY COOKIES
Prep: 10 min.
Bake: 15 min. per batch
Yield: 42 cookies
Cost per serving: 52 cents
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
1. Place a rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 F. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at time, mixing well after each addition; then add melted chocolate. With mixer on low, gradually add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture. Stir in white chocolate and cherries.
2. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until set, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly; then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Make in advance:
Make dough and scoop into balls using a small ice cream scoop. Place dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze. Place frozen dough balls in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Bake cookies as needed. (You don't need to defrost the dough before baking, but add a few extra minutes on to your baking time.)
PER SERVING (2 cookies): 270 Cal., 14g Fat (8g Sat.), 41mg Chol., 2g Fiber, 4g Pro., 36g Carb., 88mg Sod.