Have your kids make this unique card to mail off to faraway loved ones.
- Colored paper
1. Trace both hands on colored paper and carefully cut them out. Cut out three hearts. You can vary their color, style and size (one heart could have a wavy edge, for instance).
2. On both handprints and hearts, cut two vertical slits, one on each side about 1/2 inch in from the edge.
3. Write a message on each heart, like "Dear Grandma and Grandpa," "Here's a happy hug!" and "Love" plus your child's name.
4. Cut a 30" length of ribbon. Through the slits, thread ribbon behind first hand, each heart and second hand. Tie each end of ribbon in a knot to keep paper from sliding off.
5. Flip over card so all writing faces down. Pull one end of ribbon across back side of handprint; tie it to ribbon on inside of handprint.
6. Insert it in an envelope and send it away. This gift is certain to be the best thing the grandparents find in their mailbox when it arrives!
Source: Catherine Moss, founder of EvolvingMotherhood.com