These chocolate truffles make the perfect gift. Just wrap them up in pretty boxes. Or you could just spoil yourself. Either way, they're so simple to make and they look fabulous!
- 8 oz. good-quality semisweet or white chocolate, broken
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp. coffee orange or raspberry liqueur, optional
- Cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar or crushed nuts, for dusting
1. Melt broken-up chocolate with cream in a double-boiler or over hot water. Remove from heat, stir in butter and, if you'd like, liqueur. Cool, then refrigerate.
2. When chocolate is set, scoop it out using a melon baller or a small spoon. Roll in cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar or crushed nuts. Keep cool until ready to serve.
Yield: About 40 truffles