Get the kids in on the fun with this creepy-cute Halloween craft.
YOU'LL NEED (for 1 mummy ball)
- White paper towels (2 or 3 sheets)
- Spray starch
- Black electrical tape (or a black marker to color white masking tape)
- Transparent tape
- Double-sided tape
- Googly eyes
- Wet two or three paper towels; wring out and unfold. Spray towels with starch until evenly saturated. Let dry. Place 3" length of black tape on side of orange to create background for eyes.
- Wrap a dried paper towel around orange until no fruit is visible, but leave black tape exposed. Secure paper towel with transparent tape.
- Tear remaining paper towels into strips of about 1" x 6". Place one strip vertically across center of black tape to form space between eyes. Attach to orange using transparent tape.
- Wrap paper towel strips around orange, securing with double-sided tape as you go. Some strips will overlap or have loose ends—this adds to the mummy effect. Tear edges of strips to make jagged.
- Glue googly eyes in place atop black tape.