Why spend money on real pumpkins when you can easily make a fake pumpkin craft that lasts for years?
(Makes 1 faux pumpkin)
• 4"-diameter white plastic flexible dryer duct (available at hardware stores)
• Masking tape
• Newspaper or drop cloth
• Spray paint in orange and brown
• Cardboard core from a toilet paper roll (or a paper towel core, cut in half)
• 2 green pipe cleaners
• Fat marker or other cylindrical item of similar size
1. Curve vent into a doughnut shape with a small hole in the middle. Join ends together with small pieces of masking tape.
2. Working over newspaper or drop cloth in a well-ventilated area, spray-paint dryer vent orange, following manufacturer's instructions. Spray-paint cardboard core brown, spraying a little paint on inside of cylinder. Let dry.
3. Curl pipe cleaners by rolling them around a fat marker, wooden spoon handle or other cylindrical item of similar size. Leave about ¾" of one end unrolled. Remove marker and loosen curl a little.
4. Crumple cardboard core so that it resembles a stem. Insert cardboard core end into center of doughnut shape until it's snug. Insert curled pipe cleaners into center of doughnut shape, between dryer vent and cardboard core.