Scare trick-or-treaters with a life-size pumpkin head Halloween monster on your front porch.
- 10-12 magazines
- Masking or duct tape
- Clothing: long-sleeve shirt, overalls or jeans, boots or high-top sneakers, hat
- Monster gloves (available at costume stores)
- Carved pumpkin
1. To create monster’s skeleton, open a magazine to the middle and wrap it around rolled up newspaper so it’s the diameter of an arm. Wrap in tape to secure. Make four arm-size pieces, and four leg-size pieces.
2. For torso, open a magazine to middle and lay flat. Place wadded newspaper on top. Place a second open magazine on top of newspaper and tape together.
3. Wad newspaper into four balls, to make "knees" and "elbows." These joints make it easy to pose the monster.
4. Layer clothes as desired. For instance, pull overalls over shirt(s). Insert body parts into clothes. Arrange body in chair, and fill in with wadded newspaper as desired.
5. Tuck “monster hands” into shirtsleeves. Tuck pant legs into boots.
6. Place carved pumpkin on monster’s torso. If it feels unstable, insert a dowel through bottom of the pumpkin and down through torso. Add mophead for hair and top with a hat.