This homemade box is the perfect place to store keepsakes, organized by name with mini-craft paper file folders.
- Wood box (6"L x 4"W x 5"H)
- Rose, green and white paint
- Cotton swab
- Decorative craft paper
- Paper-edger scissors
- 2"x 3" photocopied snapshot (copy on a black and white machine to give photo nostalgic feel)
- Self-adhesive metal charm
- White paper
- Self-adhesive floral stamp
- Craft wire
- Manila file folders
1. Paint inside and outside of box rose. Let dry. Lightly sand edges of box to create a vintage look. Use cotton swab to paint small green and white dots on the outside of box.
2. Cut a 4"x 6" piece of patterned craft paper with paper-edger scissors and glue to top of box. Trim photocopied snapshot with paper-edger scissors, leaving a 1/4" white border. Glue snapshot at an angle over craft paper. Cut out 1" x 2" piece of contrasting craft paper and glue over corner of photo. Attach metal charm.
3. Cut out a 3/4" x 20" band of white paper with paper-edger scissor. Glue band around box. Cut out a 2"x 2" piece of craft paper, center on front above closure and glue in place. Apply self-adhesive stamp in center of paper. Cut a 4" length of ribbon and a 3" piece of craft paper in bow shape (see photo). Lay paper over ribbon. Place button at center of ribbon-paper bow, push a 3" piece of wire through button and wrap it around center of ribbon and paper. Trim excess wire and glue bow onto box.
4. Glue craft paper onto manila file folders. Trim folders to 4" x 6". Label dividers with marker, then place folders in box.
TIP: Add texture with sweet touches, like a newspaper bow.