Personalize a candle to make a great gift for someone special. Embellish it with a variety of dainty trims and a photocopied snapshot to make a unique present.
- Gingham and floral craft paper
- Paper-edger scissors
- 1 1/2" x 2" photocopied snapshot
- Chartreuse craft paper
- Candle in glass holder, 4" diam. x 5 1/2"H
1. Cut 3 1/2" x 13" band of gingham and 1 1/2" x 13" band of floral paper. Trim floral band with paper edgers. Create border for snapshot by cutting 2 1/2" x 3" rectangle from chartreuse paper. Glue photo onto border.
2. Glue the floral band lengthwise onto gingham band two inches from top edge. Glue square in center of gingham band. Glue collage to candle. Tie ribbon around top edge; center bow above snapshot.
TIP: Stir old memories with a black-and-white photo. If you don't have one, make one by using the black-and-white settings on a color copier while photocopying your favorite picture.
Find a candle to decorate at YankeeCandle.com.