- 11" x 17" or 12" x 18" sheet construction paper or two-sided scrapbook paper or two-sided color copies of fabric
- Bone folder (or butter knife)
- Monofilament or ribbon
- Small hole punch
- For large star, measure and cut paper to 10" x 16"; for small star, cut paper to 7" x 12".
- Lay paper on table, with a short edge near you. Starting with edge nearest you, accordion-fold paper. For large star, make each pleat 1"; for small star, make each pleat ¾". Use bone folder to smooth each crease. Continue until entire sheet is folded (last pleat should face same direction as first). Trim excess.
- Holding folds closed, use a pushpin to make a hole through midpoint. Thread a short length (about 4") of monofilament through hole and knot tightly. Trim loose ends
- Still holding folds closed, cut each end at a 45-degree angle to make starlike points.
- Fan out folds to form a circle. Tape edges together.
- Punch a hole at top of star, ½" from edge. Thread monofilament or ribbon through and hang.