These inspiring indoor craft ideas keep you from being a wet blanket when the rain comes rolling in.
Don’t let a few showers dampen your plans for an activity-filled day. Just replace outdoor plans with equally awesome indoor ones that’ll keep the kids entertained for hours.
- Melt heart crayons: Finally! Here’s a way to rid the coloring box of all those broken crayon pieces. Have the kids select their favorite color combinations and ,follow our directions to melt them in the oven t.hen o Once the crayons are dry, they can color to their heart’s content.
- Make paper flowers: It’s hard to believe these beauties are made from envelopes. Using your favorite bright colors, plus supplies you already have at home, you can craft these them in no time.
- Make a photo scrapbook: Gather together your photos and take a day to organize them in a scrapbook. Kids can help decide which photos will go in the scrapbookto use and create fun page layouts. It's an easy and beautiful way to preserve your favorite family memories.
- Build a board game table: This easy idea gives an old stool a playful new look. Grab a vintage board that doesn’t fold in half, plus a hot glue gun, to make this project just in time for game night.
- Create an indoor sandbox: When it’s raining cats and dogs, set up a sandbox indoors by filling a large bin with rice, beans, oats and other dried goods. Toss in some shovels and other plastic toys so they can build castles and towers.