Instead of throwing them out, reuse yogurt cups, cereal boxes, milk jugs, water bottles (and more!) to make easy, affordable decorations for your home.
Cereal Box Decorative Sphere
MATERIALS: A cereal box, ruler, pencil, scissors, Rust-Oleum Aged Copper spray paint, hole punch, metal paper fasteners.
1. Cut box into eight 3/4" x 10" strips. Spray-paints both sides.
2. Punch holes at ends of strips; on two, add a hole at midpoint.
3. Stack six strips, with one three-hole strip on bottom and the other three-hole strip fourth on stack. Align holes at one end; insert fastener.
4. Place strips on table with wrong side of fastener facing up. Fan strips out. Bend end of strips toward one another and align holes. Insert metal fastener through holes.
5. To form meridian, insert metal fasteners into both third holes in orb, from outside to inside. Take a remaining strip and thread each hole onto a fastener. Repeat with last strip, working in opposite direction. Close fasteners.
By Taryn Whiteaker, a blogger at designdininganddiapers.com