Save money and easily update a piece of furniture with our tips for refurbishing wood, wicker, ceramic, plastic and more.
To refinish painted glass:
- After prepping the surface, wipe down with a damp rag. Let dry.
- Use premium-grade all-purpose primer and paint (choose water- or oil-based).
To paint a clear vase or bottle:
- Prep with a glass conditioner instead of sanding and priming
- Use dishwasher-safe enamel paint (available at craft stores).
- Pour conditioner into the vessel, swirl around, and pour out excess. Stand vessel up to dry.
- Repeat this step with enamel paint, drying vessel upside down on a paper towel.