- Dark gray thermal or fleece top and pants
- Black sneakers
- Black socks
- Black gloves
- Black baseball cap
- Ear and fang template (download pdf)
- Three 9" x 12" pieces of felt: 1 pink, 1 black, 1 white
- Hot-glue gun
- Pair of extra large googly eyes (available at crafts stores)
- Large black nylon umbrella
- Safety pins (optional)
1. Create a template (or download one here) for the bat ears by drawing a large teardrop shape on a sheet of paper (be sure to include a small tab at bottom to adhere the bat ears to the costume). Draw a smaller teardrop shape (without tabs) on a different sheet of paper for the ear overlays.
2. Using the templates, cut out two ears from black felt and two ear overlays from pink felt
3. Center each overlay on an ear and glue. Make two slits on top of baseball cap in front of seams at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions. Slip ear tabs through slits so that pink overlays face brim. Glue tabs to inside of cap. Tilt ears forward and shape.
4. Cut out four same-size triangles from the white felt for the fangs (or use our template). Mark each fang with a dotted line a half inch from the bottom. Glue each pair together, from point to dotted line.
5. Apply hot glue to tabs on fangs and attach to underside of cap's brim. Glue googly eyes to front of cap.
6. Separate umbrella fabric from metal skeleton, leaving metal tips intact. Cut fabric in half to form a semicircle. Attach semicircle to shoulders and arms span of thermal top, working from underneath so that when you flip circle in place, pins or glue are hidden.