Serve guests in style with this cool, ocean-hued accessory.
Materials you have:
- Toothed trowel
- Rubber tile float
Materials you need:
- Spray Paint (available at Lowe's)
- Tile adhesive (available at Walmart)
- Seaglass (available at Pier 1)
- Premixed grout (available at Home Depot)
1. Prepare tray: Lightly sand to rough up the surface, then clean thoroughly. Let dry. Coat evenly with spray paint. let dry again.
2. Use trowel to apply thin coat of tile adhesive to inside bottom of tray, working int ocorners and edges to form an even layer.
3. Arrange seaglass close together on adhesive, pressing in lightly. If adhesive comes up over tile, remove excess with toothpick. Let adhesive dry according to package instructions.
4. Using rubber tile float, cover seaglass with grout, filling in gaps between glass. Scrape off excess grout with edge of rubber float.
5. Dampen sponge and wipe tiled surface, cleaning seaglass but being careful to leave grout in place. Wring sponge and repeat until glass is mostly clean but stil has a dusty glaze. Wipe off any grout on sides of tray. Let grout dry, according to package instructions. When grout has set, buff surface with a wet sponge.