Did you know you can make a snow dome with a few supplies you probably have at home? Make one for yourself, or give one as a gift!
- Plastic animal
- Craft glue
- Jar, drinking glass or fishbowl
- Acrylic craft paint in white and a bright color (50 cents; at Michaels)
- Gold nail polish (50 cents;amazon.com)
- Air-dry clay (46 cents; amazon.com)
- Birch round ($2.06; amazon.com)
- Fake snow (86 cents; amazon.com)
- Bottle-brush trees ($1; factorydirectcraft.com)
1. Paint animal with a white base coat; let dry. Paint in a bright color; let dry. Use nail polish to paint accents; let dry.
2. Mold a chunk of air-dry clay into a small mound, slightly smaller in diameter than opening of the jar you’re planning to use. Brush top of birch round with glue; place clay mound over it. Dust with fake snow.
3. Arrange animal and trees on mound. Glue animal in place. Cover tree bases with clay to hold in place. Apply glue to lip of jar and place it over mound.