Bottle the night sky with this illuminating craft!
Materials You Need
- Black or dark blue construction paper
- Glass jar with lid
- Hole Punch
- LED tea light or glow stick
- Cut construction paper so it fits inside your jar, without overlaping, when it's rolled into a cylinder
- Using hole punch, create an array of openings in paper. These are the "stars." Kids can create constellations by copying patterns they see in books or at Stardate.com.
- Roll paper into a cylinder and insert into jar. Add an LED tea light or glow stick. Screw on the lid, and admire your handiwork in a darkened room or outside at night.