YOU'LL NEED (makes 1 turkey)
- Feather, beak and wattle templates (download our felt turkey template)
- Printer and plain white paper
- Fine-tip black marker
- 2 sheets tan felt (available at craft stores)
- Hot glue gun
- Pinking shears
- 1 sheet each red, orange, yellow and white felt
- 1 mini black pompom (available at craft stores)
- Cotton batting or tissue paper
- Download the turkey template; print and cut out.
- Use marker to trace your handprint on 1 piece of tan felt. Be sure to spread fingers and point thumb up.
- Cut out handprint, then place it on second piece of felt and trace around it. Cut out. Make a thin bead of glue along edge
of 1 felt hand but not across the bottom. Put second felt hand on top. Press together and let dry.
- Use feather template to make a total of 7 feathers out of red, orange and yellow felt. Cut out with pinking shears. Trim one
feather to make it slightly smaller than others, and use scissors to fringe edges. Glue feathers to felt handprint in slightly
- Trace wattle template onto red felt and cut out. Trace beak template onto yellow felt and cut out. For turkey's eye, cut a
small circle out of white felt and glue mini pom-pom to center. Glue each facial feature to thump of handprint.
- Gently stuff cotton or tissue paper into opening at bottom of handprint so turkey stands easily.