Carve this ferociously cute tiger pumpkin for Halloween to guard your goodies.
Opt for a spooky tiger pumpkin instead of the standard jack-o-lantern for your front porch or as a party decoration.
- Serrated knife Pumpkin (about 9" tall and 8" wide)
- Large spoon Printer and plain white paper
- Mask template (download at allyou.com/tiger-mask)
- X-acto knife
- 1 sheet black craft foam
- White chalk
- Hot-glue gun
- Orange rickrack, 16" long
- Felt-tip marker
- Carving knife
- 6 regular black pipe cleaners
- Pair of 15-millimeter cat eyes
- Giant chenille pipe cleaner (at craft stores)
- Glue dots (optional)
- LED candle
- Bowl, about 5" diameter
1. Cut a 3" circle in bottom of pumpkin using serrated knife. Use spoon to remove pulp.
2. Print mask template and cut out with scissors, then cut out eye holes with X-acto knife. Place template on craft foam and trace around it in chalk. Cut out mask with scissors and eye holes with X-acto knife. Glue rickrack along top edge of mask; trim ends.
3. Press mask against pumpkin and trace around eye holes with felt-tip marker. Remove mask. Cut out eye holes on pumpkin with carving knife. Draw nose and mouth on pumpkin; carve out.
4. Glue mask to face, aligning mask eye holes with pumpkin eye holes. For whiskers, glue 3 regular pipe cleaners on either side of nose; trim.
5. Use hot glue or glue dots to adhere an eye to bottom edge of eye hole in pumpkin. Cut giant chenille pipe cleaner into 2 8" pieces. Fold into triangles and glue to pumpkin on either side of stem for ears.
6. Place LED candle on inverted bowl. Place hole in pumpkin over LED.
**Take a shortcut: Save time by using a store-bought mask instead of making one yourself.